Live Dispatch

Dispatch & fireground operations from the Worcester County EOC
Listen Now

Knox Box Program

We encourage the purchase and installation of a Knox Box® system for business owners and residents.
More Details

Photo Gallery

Residential Structure Fire
Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Early this morning August 19th at 01:16 hours Bishopville, Showell, Berlin, and Selbyville Volunteer Fire Company were alerted for a Residential Structure Fire at 12544 Collins Rd. On arrival the first interior crew from Engine 906 found a light haze and electrical odor throughout the house. Crews located an overloaded extension cord as the cause. Command held Bishopville and Showell to the call placing all other units in service. Units on scene were Engine 906, Tanker 9, Rescue 9, Brush 9, 900 Paramedic 1, Engine 803, and Tanker 8. U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission estimates 3,300 home fires originate from extension cords each year, killing 50 people and injuring about 270 more. Be sure to follow the following safety guides for extension cords in your home to keep you and your family safe at mind!

Views: 13

© Copyright 2018, Bishopville Volunteer Fire Department. All rights reserved.