Dispatch & fireground operations from the Worcester County EOC Listen Now
Knox Box Program
We encourage the purchase and installation of a Knox Box® system for business owners and residents. More Details
Residential Structure Fire - 12544 Collins Road
Wednesday, July 4, 2018
Early this morning August 19th at 01:16 hours Bishopville, Showell, Berlin, and Selbyville Volunteer Fire Company were alerted for a Residential Structure Fire at 12544 Collins Rd. On arrival the first interior crew from Engine 906 found a light haze and electrical odor throughout the house. Crews located an overloaded extension cord as the cause. Command held Bishopville and Showell to the call placing all other units in service. Units on scene were Engine 906, Tanker 9, Rescue 9, Brush 9, 900 Paramedic 1, Engine 803, and Tanker 8.
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission estimates 3,300 home fires originate from extension cords each year, killing 50 people and injuring about 270 more. Be sure to follow the following safety guides for extension cords in your home to keep you and your family safe at mind!
Visits Today :
Visitors Online :
Total Visits :
Most Visitors Online :
Most Visitors a Day :
: 3830 on Apr 3, 2017
: 9503 on Jun 21, 2018